Accessibility Plan And Policies For mobileLIVE
This ten-year accessibility plan (2019 – 2028) outlines the policies and actions that mobileLIVE will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
Statement of Commitment
mobileLIVE is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Accessible Emergency Information
mobileLIVE is committed to providing the customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
- mobileLIVE will provide training to employees and other staff members on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees, interns, contractors and other staff members.
- mobileLIVE will take the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training needed to meet Ontario’s accessible laws.
- Conducted a company-wide training in January 2020 to carry out in-class training on how to deal with customers with disabilities.
- Provide online training on how to deal with customers with disabilities during employee onboarding every time.
- Conduct a Quiz after the training
Information and Communications
- mobileLIVE is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
- mobileLIVE will take the required steps to make the new mobileLIVE.ca website and content conform to WCAG 2.0, Level A by December 2025 and will revisit the website requirements at the end of every year.
- mobileLIVE took the steps to ensure existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request in January 2015.
- mobileLIVE took the steps to ensure all publicly available information was accessible upon request by January 2016.
- mobileLIVE is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
- mobileLIVE will take the following steps to notify the public and staff that, when requested, mobileLIVE will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired.
- mobileLIVE will take the steps to develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees who have been absent due to a disability.
- mobileLIVE will take steps to ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account if mobileLIVE is using performance management, career development and redeployment processes.
- mobileLIVE will take the steps to prevent and remove other accessibility barriers identified.