With dozens of popular browsers, hundreds of devices, all with different screen sizes – the client wanted to ensure that their upcoming e-commerce and self-serve application is compatible with 99% of the devices in the market.
Manually testing on each requires device availability and a considerable investment in human resources to conduct end-to-end testing.
- Multiple Platforms need testing across different browsers/devices on iOS and Android
- Complex Flows with many variations required extensive manual labour for regression testing on web and mobile
- Remote device testing was needed, but the client lacked the expertise to perform
We used the Selenium Webdriver IO to automate and perform tests across multiple devices and browsers hosted on the cloud (SauceLabs). The test cases were designed efficiently so that the same test could run multiple desktop and mobile browsers as opposed to creating a separate test case for each browser. Testing was integrated with Jenkins pipelines to enable immediate feedback.
- 50% Increase in Test Coverage due to CI/CD
- 10x Savings on regression time and resources
- 5x Improvement in test efficiency
- On-Cloud devices lowers cost on device and hardware maintenance
The client realized that great user experiences are contingent on an efficient test strategy. Not only were we able to design and execute, but empower the client with Greater Stability, today and in the future, with the ability to add more devices without acquiring devices.