Enabling thousands of brokers to submit applications and underwrite mortgages is a daunting task. It’s a challenge to build, run, and maintain a robust application, integrated with several systems to simplify the complexities of the mortgage industry. From decision engine to APIs, complex business logic, and enhanced frontend applications for Brokers – ensuring smooth operation of each component is critical, and testing all of them can be overwhelming.
- Human intensive effort in managing resources, budget, and on-time delivery while performing manual testing
- Frequent Builds and multiple regression cycles
- Complex APIs with nested structures using REST and SOAP microservice
We designed and implemented a data-driven API testing framework that would read parameters from CSV/XML files and send a request to various endpoints using Java libraries. To validate the result, the business logic was implemented for the mortgage rules on the testing side. The returned result from the decision engine was compared on the fly with the result obtained from the testing framework.
- 50% Fewer Defects in production compared to manual testing
- 5x Increase in Test Coverage due to CI/CD
- Constant Feedback with API contracts validated on the fly
- 100+ Defects found prior to release
Through close collaboration with the client in the initial stages of the engagement, we were able to execute on a comprehensive test strategy that satisfied not only current needs but positioned them to utilize automation.