The telecommunications industry is highly competitive with new entrants, and high customer churn a big concern. Digital e-commerce and self-service channels play a significant role in acquiring and retaining customers at a lower cost. If a customer is unable to purchase a service or upgrade their device, their likelihood of switching to a competitor becomes high – leading to a lost opportunity and lost revenue. With thousands of use cases, edge scenarios, and multiple languages to support – meeting and exceeding customer expectations and staying ahead of the competition has never been this crucial.
- Multiple Applications needed testing for Browse, Buy, and Self-Serve across web and mobile
- People-Based Process with no automation in place; only manual processes
- Multiple Platforms including Android, iOS, web, and mobile view
- Too Many Use Cases with multiple features and journeys adding up to over 1200 cases
Rather than be reactive, our large Canadian Telco client wanted to ensure a seamless experience for their customers, optimizing their eCommerce and self-serve channels to minimize lost opportunity and revenue. However, there was no automation in place, and the effort needed to support multiple languages and applications, across multiple platforms with thousands of use cases and edge scenarios was missing.
mobileLIVE deployed robotic test automation using UXPLORE, to continuously test the production environment by mimicking thousands of buy and self serve flows, ensuring an optimal and consistent customer experience.
Using a flexible testing-as-a-service model, our team quickly automated over 1200 cases on UXPLORE for nightly testing targeting multiple devices such as desktop, tablets, and mobile phones. Tests were run on various desktop browsers, including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari on Windows and Mac, as well as on mobile devices like iPad, iPhone, as well as Android phones and tablets.
We customized the tool by integrating it with the client’s ticketing system, JIRA, to report defects automatically. The client’s team then triaged issues to be addressed and assigned developers to fix and redeploy.
- 99% Uptime due to parallel testing of user journeys
- 85% Reduced Resources in labour and resources required for testing
- Continuous Testing 5 hours unattended testing on 12 platforms
- 100+ Critical Defects Mitigated and reported directly
- 1200+ Flows on multiple devices and platforms test automated
More than just taking a proactive approach to the customer experience, our client, through help, was able to empower themselves with a new way of working, that didn’t choose between efficiency and simplicity.